A form of political behavior marked by obsessive preoccupation with community decline, humiliation or victimhood and by compensatory cults of unity, energy and purity in which a mass based party of committed nationalist militants, working in uneasy but effective collaboration with traditional elites, abandons democratic liberties and pursues with redemptive violence and without ethical or legal restraints goals of internal cleansing and external expansion.He also lists a number of mobilizing passions:
- A sense of overwhelming crisis beyond the reach of any traditional solutions.
- The primacy of the group, towards which one has duties superior to every right, whether individual or universal, and the subordination of the individual to it;
- The belief that one's group is a victim, a sentiment that justifies any action, without legal or moral limits, against its enemies both internal and external;
- Dread of the group's decline under the corrosive effects of individualistic liberalism, class conflict and alien influences.
- The need for closer integration of a purer community, by consent if possible or by exclusionary violence if necessary.
- The need for authority by natural chiefs (always male), culminating in a national chieftain who alone is capable of incarnating the group's historical destiny;
- The superiority of the leader's instincts over abstract and universal reason;
- The beauty of violence and the efficacy of will, when they are devoted to the group's success;
Paxton gives a pretty good and workable definition of fascism here. And except for the point about the authority of a single, inevitably male chieftain, this describes the regressive left SJWs, or what they are in the process of becoming, almost perfectly. And don't be fooled: there IS a leadership in the social justice warrior movement. These ideologues and their silly theories turn up suspiciously simultaneously with suspiciously similar copy-pasta sloganeering for it all to be coincidence. The lack of honesty and forthrightness in this movement is still one more reason not to trust it.
- The right of the chosen people to dominate others without restraint from any kind of human or divine law, right being decided by the sole criterion of the group's prowess within a Darwinian struggle.
They are as much the real fascists these days as their alt-right enemies are. They are the far right in perfect disguise. They are obsessed with culture and identity. They, the SJWs, with their obsessions with cultural appropriations and white privilege, are completely absorbed in protecting the racial purity of the non-white races.
Do not be fooled by the "leftist" pretense of the SJWs. The fascists had a quasi socialist quality to them too. This is fascism, plain and simple. Notice how academia and mass media support the regressive left. Would academia and mass media support truly progressive or revolutionary elements? The SJWs protect the interests of capital by keeping activist vigor focused on cultural and moral purity. This is exactly what fundamentalists and fascists do. The fascists of 1930s Europe exalted the white man. The SJWs today exalt minorities. Otherwise it's the same ideology. A compensatory cult of community purity with no concept of liberal ideas like individual freedom, or with any sense of economics, historical materialism or the like.
Only unlike the neo-nazis of 4chan or Stormfront, "intersectional" feminists disguise their fascism with what are ostensibly our best ideas: inclusiveness, racial and gender equality and so on. They are given a pass in academia and mainstream media that other schools of thought would never dream of. But they are authoritarian to the core.
To question the SJW is not to be a heretic or a traitor, but a bigot and a reactionary. Which is really the 21st century's version of the same things. And this new century is all the more bigoted and reactionary for it.